Let a certified mechanic replace your battery right where you're parked.
Our repair experts will send you a quote in under 5 minutes.
NuBrakes is rated 4.94/5 by 6507 customers
Here are some reasons why we're the best option for your battery replacement needs.
Life's busy. So why waste your time sitting at a shop? Our mobile mechanics come to you and replace your dead battery around your schedule.
Our upfront, no-obligation vehicle repair quotes are designed to give you a transparent view into your vehicle's repair costs.
Our mobile mechanics have decades of combined experience, and all services are backed by our NuBrakes Guarantee.
We make battery replacement simple and easy.
The average cost to replace your battery is $45 - $250. Pricing may vary based on the type of car you have, as well as the type of (and quality) auto shop that you go to. At NuBrakes, our technicians come to your office or home to do the repair. We don’t markup our parts and have minimal overhead, meaning, we provide you a convenient and low-cost repair option.
When evaluating the cost of battery replacement, you may want to consider:
- The quality, power, and size of the battery
- Your vehicle's manufacturer and model
- Auto shop’s labor costs for the installation
It’s important to be in tune with your battery replacement options and how the type of shop will affect the pricing they offer to you. Dealerships will always be the most expensive option for battery replacements. Traditional brick and mortar repair shops will typically provide more affordable automotive service prices than the dealership. However, mobile mechanic services, like NuBrakes, usually provide the best prices because they have significantly less operational overhead… And not to mention, a much more convenient experience… A true win-win.
Still have questions about battery replacements? We're here to help.
Car battery replacement is when you change your car’s old battery so that you can avoid ever being stuck or stranded on the road because your battery doesn't work.
You can refer to these signs if you need a battery replacement:
1. Your car is struggling or difficult to start (or not starting at all).
2. Your dashboard warning light is on.
3. You experience dim or flickering lights inside your car.
4. You experience electrical malfunctions such as power windows not working properly.
5. You see corrosion on the battery terminals when you lift up the hood.
You can drive your car with a low battery, however, you might encounter a dead battery in an unplanned way. If your battery is low or dead, it’ll be difficult for you to start your vehicle and you might end up being stuck on the road and won't be able to get to your destination.
The battery on your vehicle will naturally lose its ability to hold a charge over time. The battery gives your vehicle power and helps your engine to start. Without a working battery, you'll be unable to start your car.
There’s no specific period of time for how long a battery will last but professional mechanics suggest that you should replace it every 4 or 5 years. This may vary depending on environmental factors and how you use your vehicle.
Here's how you can replace your old battery to a new one:
1. Check the battery’s location.
2. Identify the positive and negative and the cables attached to each.
3. Use a wrench to loosen the bolt.
4. Remove the cable and terminal from both negative and positive posts.
5. Remove the clamp that holds the battery.
6. Lift the battery carefully.
7. Check the terminals and make sure they are clean with no corrosion.
8. Place the new battery.
9. Put the clamp back that holds the battery.
10. Remove the plastic covers and install the anti-corrosion washers.
11. Connect the positive and negative terminals to the posts. Check if the battery moves, tighten the clamp if it does.
12. You can take you old battery to auto shops to be recycled.
Our mobile mechanics deliver top-rated services at your home or office for up to 40% less than a repair shop.
We're 10-40% more affordable on average compared to dealerships and shops so you'll be saving time AND money.
Have a specific time and day that you need your vehicle services? Our service advisors are here to help — contact us to today!